Reservable Spaces are community spaces that may be booked for residence based programs and events, by special request to the Residence Life Office. These spaces are typically accessible 24/7 to the general Chestnut community, however special requests for these spaces will be considered for events and programs that are beneficial to the larger Chestnut Residence community. These include:
- The Hearth*
- Urban Lounge*
- The Lookout
- The Study Commons
- The Fitness Studio
Bookable Student Spaces
Chestnut Residence boasts a wide variety of student spaces - from student lounges and social areas, to fitness spaces, to academic study areas. Some of these spaces are bookable, allowing students the flexibility to study independently, build design projects in groups, or practice playing the piano in a quiet environment.
Guidelines and Expectations
We welcome you to enjoying the privilege of using this student space. Before booking, please read and abide by the following respect guidelines:
- Please respect your physical surroundings. If you arrive in the space to find any garbage, vandalism, etc., please report it to Security immediately. Please clean-up after yourself at the end of each booking, leaving the room ready for the next group.
- Please keep noise to a respectable volume. Building quiet hours apply, and it is important to remember that the larger concourse space is shared with other students and university employees.
- Bookings can be made 24 hours a day, to a maximum of 3 hours per booking in a 24 hour period. Students can make a maximum of three bookings per week (per person or group).
- The possibilities for this space are endless, so long as they are in line with the Chestnut Residence Community Standards and the U of T Student Code of Conduct . Any complaints against those using the space will be followed up on by Residence Office staff. Please email any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
Pass the word on to your friends that this great space is here for the use of all Chestnut students. Enjoy!
Interested in booking Urban Lounge?
Here’s some things to keep in mind:
- Any events must be open to all Chestnut Students (i.e. no closed/private events)
- A/V Support is only available while Urban Crew Volunteers are working. The hours are:
- Monday to Thursday: 5:00 pm to 11:00pm
- Friday: 5:00 pm-Midnight
- Saturday/Sunday: Noon-Midnight
- Booking requests must be submitted a minimum of 72 hours prior to the event
- Please complete the form below to submit your request to book Urban