Due to COVID-19, we’re implementing measures to ensure safe access to our residence amenities and spaces. This includes enhanced cleaning, additional signage, limiting capacity, and spacing of furniture. We may be required to limit access to these spaces as per public health guidelines.
Update as of August 2020:
Beginning Tuesday August 4th, 2020 students will be able to book time in one of Chestnut’s Residence Bookable Common Spaces:
- 5 Music Rooms located on the Concourse Level (one room has a drum set and four rooms have pianos)
- 4 Study Rooms located on the 28th Floor
Students can book rooms online through StarPortal:
- Click Manage My Housing
- Click Book An Appointment
- Select Bookable Common Spaces
- Select Date, Time and Room you wish to book
Please note that the current maximum capacity for these bookable rooms is 1 person. All students are expected to wear a mask in all hallways and common spaces at any given time. For individually booked spaces, such as a study room or music room students can remove their masks while in the room.
IMPORTANT: If you are self-isolating due to COVID-19 symptoms or experiencing any cold/flu symptoms, please ensure you do not access any of the common spaces. Please note that all students who are feeling sick are asked to self-isolate and self-report using the ‘Students Reporting Illness’ form to report your illness to the Residence Life Office.
Reservable Spaces are community spaces that may be booked for residence based programs and events, by special request to the Residence Life Office. These spaces are typically accessible 24/7 to the general Chestnut community, however special requests for these spaces will be considered for events and programs that are beneficial to the larger Chestnut Residence community. These include:
- Urban Lounge
- The Lookout
- The Study Commons
- The Fitness Studio
Bookable Student Spaces
Chestnut Residence boasts a wide variety of student spaces – from student lounges and social areas, to fitness spaces, to academic study areas. Some of these spaces are bookable, allowing students the flexibility to study independently, build design projects in groups, or practice playing the piano in a quiet environment.
General Guidelines and Expectations
We welcome you to enjoying the privilege of using the student spaces. Before booking, please read and abide by the following respect guidelines:
- Please respect your physical surroundings. If you arrive in the space to find any garbage, vandalism, etc., please report it to Security immediately. Please clean-up after yourself at the end of each booking, leaving the room ready for the next group.
- Please keep noise to a respectable volume. Building quiet hours apply, and it is important to remember that the larger concourse space is shared with other students and university employees.
- Any complaints against those using the space will be followed up on by Residence Office staff. Please email any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.