Last Updated: July 21, 2020
COVID-19 Information and Updates
Are you feeling sick?
ALL students who are feeling sick are asked to self-report and self-isolate.
- Please fill out the ‘Students Reporting Illness’ form to report your illness to the Residence Life Office. Please do not attend the front desk in person if you feel ill. A member of the Residence Office will follow-up with you. You should also call Telehealth Ontario: Toll-free 1-866-797-0000 (TTY: 1-866-797-0007) and utilize this Ontario Ministry of Health self-assessment tool.
- You should also record your absence through ACORN. Please remember that no student is required to have a doctor’s note or medical certificate for cold or flu-related absences or for self-isolation. To receive academic consideration, students need to record all cold or flu-related absences or absences for self-isolation through ACORN. Some Faculties have alternate or supplementary requirements when reporting absences, so please contact your Registrar’s Office if you have questions. Student absences for other illnesses or reasons should continue to be documented through the Verification of Illness (VOI) form and normal Faculty processes.
- U of T’s COVID-19 Information Hub
- Submit a question to U of T about COVID-19
- Financial Support & Funding Opportunities for Students during COVID-19
- Office of the Vice-Provost, Students
- Government of Canada – Latest Travel Health Advice
- Public Health Ontario – How to Self Monitor for COVID-19
- Public Health Ontario – How to Self-Isolate
There are a number of resources we’d like to share with you at this time in the hopes that they will be helpful to how you feel. Some are U of T specific resources, and some are simply resources we think could be useful during this time – including links to free exercise classes, meditation, art-based activities, and more.
Kindly keep in mind that things are constantly shifting. We will do our best to keep this information as up to date as possible, but we do advise that you reach out to specific resources to inquire about any service changes.