Know your check-out date Make a plan Tidy your Room and Remove all Garbage Store your belongings Let People Know You are Leaving Check-out at the Front Desk
- Your check-out date is 48 hours following your last exam or by noon on Wednesday, April 29th, 2020 (whichever is sooner). If you need to wait in the building beyond this time, you may stay with your belongings in Urban.
- If you have concerns about your check-out date, please visit the Residence Life Office or email email@example.com
- If you need to stay at Chestnut Residence for any period of time beyond April 29th, 2020 at noon, you will need to make a reservation for summer accommodations. You will pay a daily rate for these days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- You will NOT be able to re-enter your room after check-out.
- Start packing early, do a little bit every day to avoid stress.
- Make sure you have transportation planned for when you leave Chestnut, as you will be taking all your belongings with you.
- Transportation options include the Union-Pearson (UP) Express to the airport, TTC, taxis, or Uber
- Ensure your room is tidy and all garbage is removed.
- Garbage bags are available for students to pick up at the Front Desk.
- Once your garbage bags are full, leave the bags at the designated garbage area on their floor.
- When possible, throw out your garbage early so that the garbage room doesn’t get crowded.
- Don’t leave behind any food, garbage, or other items.
- Chestnut residence does NOT provide summer storage.
- Sort all of your belongings into items you want to bring with you/store/give-away.
- Chestnut will not be responsible for any items left in the room.
- If your require storage, you may want to consider using:
- Make sure to exchange contact information with anyone you would like to keep in touch with over the summer and next year.
- Say goodbye to your friends on the floor and in the building.
- Stop by your don’s room to say goodbye!
Front Desk hours are 7:00am – 11:00pm
- Please expect delays during peak move out times, and remember to return the following items:
- Room Key
- Mailbox Key – make sure to empty your mailbox before returning the key. Change your mailing address with friends, family, U of T, and creditors.
- Laundry Card
- Internet Equipment (If applicable, i.e. either switch kit or modem kit)
- If you have not moved out within 48 hours of your checkout date, you may be locked out of your room
- You will be charged $30 for each missing key, and $5-$150 for missing internet equipment
- If you have not checked out of your room and removed your belongings by noon on April 29th, 2020, you will be charged a $25/per hour late move out fee
- Please be sure to update your mailing address on ACORN. As of April 30th, 2020 all mail in mailboxes downstairs will be returned to sender
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Residence Life Office located on the main floor of Chestnut Residence or email email@example.com