Go to Main Content
- Apply all updates for your operating system and all other installed programs (Windows, Mac, Linux, or other)
- Make sure your antivirus is current. U of T students can download a free version of antivirus software.
- Make sure the operating system and other installed apps for all your other mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, or other) are current. Refer to your device user guide for instructions on how to update and keep your mobile device current.
- There is Wi-Fi inside the rooms and common areas throughout the building, you will need to use your valid UTORid and password to get connected
- If you also want a hard wire connection, set up assistance is available through ResNet (located in Lobby beside the Front Desk)
- Some new laptops are no longer manufactured with Ethernet connections. To connect to internet in one’s room, you will need to buy an adaptor and install drivers on your computer. ResNet is happy to advise students where they can purchase needed adapters
Please be vigilant of content being downloaded/viewed. Torrents, pirated material, and/or illegally sourced content downloaded over the University of Toronto network can lead to internet connection suspensions initiated by the copyright holder. Please refer to the Network Usage Agreement.
If you have any questions, or difficulty connecting to the UofT network when you arrive, please visit the ResNet booth beside the Front Desk or call: 416.585.3182.
2022 Move-In Schedule:
For additional information and resources, visit the ResNet section (under the “ResNet Internet Information” tab).